Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleepin' in the Crib Like Big Boys Do


I am so proud of my little man! Last night he slept in his crib with out even a complaint. I had been so worried about crib-training him, especially after hearing about how most babies cry and cry about it.

It's funny how these things just work out. Before I had him I swore I would never let him sleep with us in our bed... and then I actually experienced the constant demands of a newborn and caved when he was just short of a week old. It was soooooo much better! We actually SLEPT and were much better parents for it!

But now Mr. Malcom is getting bigger and I worry about him rolling off the bed (plus it's just too hot at night to have us all in such close quarters). These factors coupled with his blessed ability to sleep though the night led me to feel that the time was coming soon to retraining him for his own little space in the crib. We had been praying that we could help make the transition easier on him and us- I knew I wouldn't be able to handle letting him cry himself to sleep. Perhaps I'm too soft, and as a result of my trepidations on the subject I had this horrible thought that he would be a scraggly, freckle faced thirty-something year old still sleeping on the right side of his parents bed.

Last night as I walked with him into the bedroom I just had a feeling that this would be a good night to try the big transition. We did our bedtime routine, then put him down in the crib. Not even a peep through the night!!

It's funny to me how Malcom seems to be so much calmer about new experiences than I am for him. I should really stop worrying about such little things since he obviously doesn't. Every mom thinks that her baby is the best out there, but Malcom really is. ;)

Fun links:
Baby Blooper Spit-Ups (this is for you Jessie Jo!!)
Monster Baby
Best Baby Laugh

2 comments:

  1. Malcom is a cutie! It was so good you found us! We left Rexburg before I knew you were pregnant, so it was quite the happy surprise!
    p.s. Soren totally growls better than that little monster boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it went well! That can be a terrible trial for parents... :)

    ReplyDelete