Monday, September 7, 2009

The Matheson Zoo

Summer is flying by all too quickly. School resumes on Thursday which is a bittersweet thought- it means we won't see much of Ben at all until Thanksgiving, but it also means another semester closer to the end. Malcom and I are going to miss him so much in the next few months! I just can't wait till we're done with school and he won't have these insane 16 hour days. *sigh* Ah well, it'll go by quickly and we'll focus on enjoying ourselves and our many blessings in the meantime.

I'm still working on getting those before-mentioned videos to work. I really need to have the technological guru (AKA the husband figure) to check it out. We've just been sooo busy lately with family, our anniversary, and just trying to get the most out of our last few days of summer we haven't had much time to tinker with it. Someday, I promise!




This week the Matheson family came to visit, and it was a wonderful time. I never tire of watching Ben interact with his family- they're all just down right hilarious! Malcom got to meet some cousins for the first time- Sage (3) and Tanner (14 months). He's not too interactive with other babies quite yet, but it was fun to see nevertheless. I have a feeling that Tanner and Malcom will have a lot of fun together when they're both able to run around and cause mischief. :)

On Saturday we went to the zoo with Bens family, then headed back to the hotel and swam until Sam broke Luke's nose while they were racing across the pool. I don't think a matheson reunion is complete until someone (probably Luke), is bleeding or limping while everyone else just laughs. :) Good times... at least for the rest of us...

Here are some pics from the visit:


As we passed this exhibit, this little monkey was just staring out the window like he was bored to tears. I chuckled as I overheard a little boy ask his mom why the monkey was dead, and heard her quickly reply, "Nooo, he's not dead, he's just tired of being in a little cage!" ...It's kind of a sad story now that I tell it. Perhaps its one of those "you had to be there" moments.. haha












Jack, Ben, and Sage looking at the lions










Uncle Sam and cousin Tanner stopping for a snooze along the way











Luke, Jack, Sam's arm, Grandpa Lance and Grandma Doreen, and Malcom at the duck pond







Grandpa and Grandma, Cousins Sage, Tanner, and Malcom






L to R: Sage, Ben, Vicki, Malcom, Doreen, Lance, Luke, Sam, and Jack. I married into quite the handsome family, don't ya' think? :)










Sage on Ben's shoulders











Malcom, held by Grandma Doreen, at nap time in the zoo







I suppose we'll leave it there. Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary, and we had a wonderful day filled with all sorts of fun surprises. Last night we headed to the gardens on campus and my brother, Kev and his wife becca took family pictures of us. It was a great day, but it'll have to go on another post... later. Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment