Wednesday, October 7, 2009

6.5 Month Manchild Update


Today is a beautiful fall day- thank goodness Monday's snow melted and went away! I wish it were warmer so that we could actually enjoy the gorgeous colors and crunchy leaves, and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible before the real snow comes and traps us inside. Oh well. I hope someday we'll live in a somewhat warmer climate where the winter isn't sooo long and cold! Don't get me wrong, I love having all four seasons, but it would be nice if the coldest season wasn't the longest.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put up some Malcom updates. :) He says "Hi" back! We've been working on "mama" as well, but so far he just mimics you with his lips and no sound. He also loves to stick his tongue out at you, and if you stick yours out back at him he thinks it's hilarious! We have fun. He's also great at eating solids now. Every time I'm eating something he gives me this expectant face like, "where's mine?" His favorites so far are peas and prunes.. Apparently he has the palate of an old man. ;) I guess it's time to get a high chair... any suggestions?

What else? Hm. There's nothing new going on in the way of crawling. He's a pretty good "scoocher", but ever since he figured out how to roll on his back he hasn't had much incentive. He's a great sitter though! He sits up more by himself every day! I'm so proud of my little manchild. He's by far one of my favorite people in the whole world!

Here are his stats as of today:
Weight: 21 lbs 3 oz (90th percentile)
Height: 26.4 inches (50th percentile)

What's funny to me is that he used to be in the 25% for both height and weight. This kid has been going through some CRAZY growth spurts! How does he grow so fast? In just 6 months he's more than tripled his weight and grown 7 inches taller. My baby is growing waaaay too quickly!

That's all for now. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, little tanker! :) Again, he is A-dorable! we should all get together for a Halloween something or other...or just get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! It is amazing how much they grow!! Don't worry about his weight it will all even out when he starts walking.. :)

    ReplyDelete