It's November! Is this year speeding by to anyone else?! I love this time of year, there's always this excitement right before the snow comes.. well, excitement and dread, it's hard to describe adequately. If you've lived somewhere with a long white winter, you probably know what I'm talking about. One thing I love about the fall/winter is all the excuses you have to bake things. Seriously, during the rest of the year it's like you have to have a birthday, visitors, party, or some reason to bake goodies. But this time of year is all about yummy food! I'm excited because I finally have more time to bake and experiment with recipes... last year I was preggo and working 12 hour days, 5 days a week... so yeah, I'm not sure how I survived that, I don't remember it very well at all, and I obviously had no time/ambition to do anything besides working and sleeping, and sometimes mixing the two. I think I need to make cinnamon rolls sometime in the next few days, or orange rolls. I'm not sure but it's going to be tasty! :)
We had a great Halloween. Ben worked all day (curse you month end!!! Gah! 12 hour days suck!), but Malcom and I were able to have fun. We made little pizzas and "dirt 'n' worms" (something I haven't had since I was a kid), watched some silly old "scary" movies which ended up borderline comedy, danced around the apartment, and handed out candy to trick or treaters. We only had two groups of treaters, about 9 kids total... I confess I got so darn excited at the first group I gave them all huge handfulls of candy. I believe the word "jackpot" was whispered between them... :) Yeah, I'm that lady apparently. When the second group came I only had one piece left for each of them. I felt bad but I'm sure they got lots of candy anyway.
Malcom dressed up as the Monopoly, officially named Uncle Pennybags. He turned out looking a lot more like Mr. Peanut, or a capeless magician, or the villain from Rocky and Bowinkle, or an old-time gangster like Al Capone. I worked for weeks on that costume and he was barely fitting in it by the time I finished! He actually had outgrown the shoes I made. It's all good though, I think he was quite dashing anyway. :) Here are some pics from the cuteness:
Haha, I love how serious he looks in the picture. Priceless.
That's all for now. I'm off to bed. Happy November!
LOVE it! What a clever costume! You did a great job on it. =D Sounds like you had a fun Halloween (except for the whole stupid month end part, making your husband absent for all the fun...)
ReplyDeleteTHat is the cutest thing I ever did see and I didn't expect trick-or-treaters and so I didn't have any candy. LUCKILY i was baking cookies so I bagged em and gave em... they probably threw them away not knowing where they had come from if you know what I mean! I love your blog!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job!!!!! I think Halloween is more fun now sometimes just making the costume!!
ReplyDeleteLol, this is so cute!!!... PS This is Jack
ReplyDelete