Monday, March 8, 2010

Rambles

Sorry for the lack of a post last week. The ac adapter for my laptop decided to die, and after calling the company for a replacement, learned that they no longer make them. yay. We found one from a company in Hong Kong and ordered it, but it'll take 14 to 21 days to get here. Right now I'm not Ben's fancy mac (I like this computer more anyway), but it doesn't have the software on it to upload our photos. Thus, I won't post any pics until my computer is up and running again... in a week or two. It's been interesting trying to share 1 laptop between us when we're used to having our own...

Guess what?! Malcom has taken his first steps! He doesn't know it though. He likes to walk holding on to something for confidence, but I think with just a little more self assurance and longer lasting balance, the kid will be running around like no one's business! Ben wants him to be walking by his birthday.... we've got two weeks! I guess we'll see!

Speaking of which, TWO WEEKS!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! I think we're going to have a pretty simple birthday celebration, though I want to do something fun and new for him and I can't think of what. Something that has exploring in it... I wish all the snow was gone already! If you guys have any ideas, by all means, please send them our way!

What else? Malcom got his third tooth a few weeks ago. I LOVE how cute his little jack-o-lantern smile is!! The fourth is going to be popping up soon as well. I can say that I'm really looking forward to his birthday, so that we can wean him. Teeth haven't been a problem with nursing in the last four months that he's had them, but this top teeth business is a different story. TWO WEEKS! I can do it!! I'm glad that he didn't get top teeth until just before he turned a year, and we don't nurse much anyway. But still, 2 weeks!!

Aaaand gotta go... little man has just figured out how to open the cabinets to our big glass bowls and baking dishes. What was I thinking putting them down there in the first place??

Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. From DawnDawn: Sounds like he is growing up and WHAT DOES HE WANT for his birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so picture that little tubby running around crazy! There's a blog called life frosting you should check it out it has sooo many birthday ideas the link is on my blog under favorites

    ReplyDelete