Saturday, May 22, 2010

Biking, Projects, and Crazy Mr. Malcom


It looks like it's almost been two weeks since I last posted, woops. Life has been busy. I guess I'll have to update a little (there's not much, we don't lead an especially exciting life right now.. haha)

Last Saturday we biked out to Beaver Dick Park, had some snacks and went for a nature walk, then biked back home. It was a gorgeous day and perfect for the occasion! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures... maybe next time. :)

I've been working really hard on my "eternal to-do" list. It's eternal because there is no end! But knocking a few items off the list feels good anyway. Here's an apron I started two years ago... yeah, it sat in my closet that long. Don't look closely, I'm by NO MEANS a seamstress! In fact, this is only my third or fourth project... so... yeah. There are a lot of mistakes, but it's DONE! YAY!
There's a funny story for the next one. A few months back I bought a pattern for capri pajama pants that I thought would be great for the warm summer months. I bought the fabric for it at the same time, and then it went straight to the closet of doom (where a lot of my "eternal to-do" list projects resides together). I thought that as long as I was finishing projects, I should do this one as well (hey, the package said it would only take 1 hour). I learned I really stink at following patterns. It was all mumbo-jumbo instructions, so I ignored them... and then ended up with what only can be described as penguin-esque Steve Urkel circus pants. Tragic fail! Not wanting to waist the fabric I trimmed off the "legs" (I have no idea if that was where the legs were supposed to be on not), and turned it into a skirt. I don't think I have anything to go with it, so I may not even wear it (plus it looks decidedly "homemade", if you know what I mean). At least I finished it!


The weather has been a bit bipolar (I can't say the word "bipolar" with out this song getting stuck in my head: "Because on and off, the clouds have fought for control over the sky, and lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I... And now it's sunny with a high of 75... doo dodo doododo... it's funny how you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive..." A little corney, yes, but still stuck in my head! Bahhhh! Name that song! :P )

Aaaaaanyway, as I was saying- the weather has been a bit... ahem, unpredictable, so we haven't been able to do a lot of super fun outdoor things. Dang it, now I can't think of anything besides that song. Gahhh!

Okay, so I'm just going to post pictures and stories of the manchild, because he's our favorite.

Malcom was supposed to be napping, but he had other ideas. I had put him down a half hour before this (he usually naps about 2 hours), and went to go check on him when I found him reaching through the bars of his crib to his table of books, grabbing books and getting them through the crib bars so he could play with them. The kid likes books, what are you going to do? Take pictures. :)
Another destructive naptime in which he wrestled a book or two through the crib, deconstructed his mobile and pulled off the blankets on the side of the crib (I put them there so he wouldn't play with things on either side), then fell asleep with his feet sticking out. Crazy little kid! I don't know how nap time will happen after he moves to a big boy bed (which thankfully won't be for a little while yet).
Chocolate pudding for FHE dessert:

This last picture was from earlier today. I came home from a Relief Society activity around noon, and found Ben fast asleep on the couch (in his defense he was up till at least 3 doing homework), the house was a DISASTER (bacon bits ALL over the floor kind of disaster, and I didn't even know we had those!), and Malcom had played in his room until he got tired and passed out in a corner. I guess this is what happens when mommy's gone all morning!

This is a long post.. so I think I'll end it there. Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little mischevious munchkin you have! Those adventures sound a little like some we have been through, too. Kyle CANNOT go to sleep without several books in his bed, but I'm thrilled that he loves books, so it's OK with me! And the name of the song, if you are wondering, is High of 75 by Relient K. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3FSTQEunE

    ReplyDelete