Time goes by far too quickly, and it just seems to get faster. Here's a picture of Malcom and me after church last year on Mother's Day: (He was only 1.5 months old, and hungry... This picture cracks me up)
As a gift to me, Malcom learned how to climb on the couch, open the toilet lid, and open the front door today. He's a giving child. :) But really, he and Ben spoiled me rotten. Ben made me lunch and dinner, took over manchild responsibilities so I could sit on the couch and do nothing all day (I wish I hadn't taken that for granted as a kid, the whole "no responsibilities" thing. It's grand.). As gifts he got me a pot of dahlias, a carton of ice cream, and some new earrings (a true test of his love. He hates flowers and typically doesn't spend money on frivolous things like jewelry). We also went to the gardens on campus and took some photos together. :) It's been a great day.
I can't describe how much I love my family. When I see them together, and all that they do for me, I know I am by far the luckiest person on the planet. And Malcom, ohhh,, he's just wonderful. I don't know how Ben and I were blessed with such a wonderful little spirit as our child, he just makes mamahood easy. Busy, yes, but easy. I just wish there was a way that I could describe how much I adore and cherish him! I can't wait for all the adventures we'll have together. I know motherhood is one of the highest blessings I'll ever have, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have such a wonderful little man in my life. I'm simply the luckiest. Ever.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mama's and future mama's out there! Thank you too all of you who enrich my life and teach me about being a mother. I have a long way to go before I'm the mother I want to be, but watching the examples and knowing others' struggles helps me grow and learn. Thank you so much! I'm sure Malcom thanks you too. ;)
Love to all!
I totally agree, time just goes faster and faster! What a cutie! He's growing up so fast! Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day! I would take issue with you being the most lucky, but since we don't have any kids yet, I'll wait until later to challenge you for that title. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou're such a GREAT mommy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got a great day! Yes, the no responsibilities thing is awesome!! Cute pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pictures- Love Mom
ReplyDelete