Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Babies, Cars, & School

We've only got about 4 weeks until I'm full term and I tell you what, I'm definitely feeling it. I can't wait to be done! This little boy has really been enjoying my ribs over the past few days... uuuuggghhh... I swear they're bruised after all of his stretching, jabbing, and just hanging out up there. I'm feeling huge! I'm pretty sure having to chase a silly little toddler around isn't helping. Malcom's going through this phase where everything has to be dumped on the floor, especially things that are usually put nicely away (like his bucket of smaller toys and his going-out-somewhere backpack). Until now he's been a pretty clean kid, only playing with a few toys at a time and helping put them away when he's done. This week, not so much. I wish he would have waited a little while longer to go through this stage! I had to pick up so many toys today, so many times, that I nearly cried when he dumped even more in the middle of the living room this evening. I hate bending over, so much. I can't stand the floor being covered in toys though... so I guess we'll just have to deal with it. *sigh* One thing is for sure though: this baby and I are running out of room!!!! Just 4 weeks (I only count till 38 weeks, since that's when I had Malcom and it just sounds SO much better than the full 40!)

Our car got the alternator fixed today! Woohoo! Workin' car. Workin' "new" car! Three things we have discovered about it:

1. Fog lights!!!
2. Steering wheel tilt!
3. Dimmer dial for the dashboard lights.

We're pretty stylin' these days, it's true. :)

Malcom got his first little boy underpants last week. So cute!!! Is that weird? So potty training is still going well, and that's good. We're still working on a few things, but I'm proud of how well he's doing.
He's turning 2 in just 3 weeks!!! I can't believe it! We want to throw him a little birthday party, I'm just not sure if I want to commit to anything much more than cake and ice cream at this point. I'll be 37 weeks by then! I don't know, we'll have to see I guess.

Anyway, I don't have much else to post. No pictures, sadly! My laptop's hard drive decided to die, so it's out of commission right now... Thank goodness for Ben's Mac (and for him being out of school this semester!)

Speaking of school- Ben gets to register on Monday. He only has 16 or 17 credits left!! Yay! These are going to be beastly classes though, so I'm totally okay with him taking two semesters to finish. It'll be nice to have a little extra room to fill up his schedule on his last semester as well, just in case there's a surprise required class or something. You never know! Anyway, it's exciting to see the end so near! December is only 9 months away! That doesn't seem so long.

Looks like it's bed time for the Malcom. Gotta go! Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY know what you mean with the dumping everything out! Some days Soren thinks EVERYTHING needs to go on the ground. It drives me crazy because it's impossible to help. He's getting better at picking things up on his own though. He knows now I'm not much fun when he dumps things out.
    We're pretty much going to have our babies at the same time! The race is on. :o) Good luck with everything! We can make it..one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote two semesters. Then I will have enough money to buy his present!!! David in Oregon

    ReplyDelete