I know I've been behind in posting lately, so when I say that life has been busy, you should probably believe me! Craaaaaazy!
There are only three weeks of this semester left: three weeks until Ben graduates! What's next? Good question. We have no idea. I guess we should probably get on that... But seriously folks, we're looking for internships/ jobs to our best abilities. Ben has an interview for an IT internship in Provo tomorrow or Tuesday, and I'm reallllly hoping something works out soon. We've both been in Rexburg for 7 years! Those years have been absolutely wonderful, but I think it's time to move on. Now you're thinking, "Well what if you guys don't find an internship before Janurary?!" Easy answer: we will stay here another semester while Ben completes a senior project instead of an internship. He will continue to work at Melelueca (hey, it's already been over 6 years, what's a few more months??)... or he will try to intern with the Melalueca IT department in IF. He REALLLLLLLY doesn't want to do that, for a myriad of reasons... let's just keep crossing our fingers and hoping for something better to turn up. Prayers are welcome. :)
The boys are doing great! Calvin is growing, though not quite as quickly as his giant older brother. I'm afraid he inherited the "short" genes, poor kid! He claps, gives kisses, says "dada", eats finger foods, and is the smiliest little handsome kid you've ever met! He puts up with the "affections" of Malcom quite well; Calvin may be a small kid, but he's definitely tough! He doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in crawling, but looooooves to stand more than anything, just like his brother was at that age. Also, he got his first tooth November 13th! His bottom right tooth. Just a week or so later, his other front bottom tooth broke through. Exciting for him, less exciting for mama... Calvin in such a great little ray of sunshine in our lives! We all love him dearly. I'm so glad we decided to have him when we did- I really hope that he and Malcom can grow up as the best of friends and have tons of crazy adventures together!
Malcom is such a wonderful kid. He's learning to say phrases and string words together, though we're really having to work on pronunciation. I doubt many people besides Ben and I could understand half of the things he says... Slowly and surely though, he's getting better and learning new things every day. He continues to be my greatest helper in the house- cleaning, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, cooking, sweeping, scrubbing the floor, fetching clean diapers and toys for little brother, putting away toys... this kids does it all! He even asks to go to bed when he's tired. His favorite things still include anything with wheels that goes "vvrrmmm", rough housing with daddy, cooking eggs (I don't get it either), and running around giggling with his little friends.
Ben and I count ourselves beyond lucky to have such handsome and wonderful boys in our family!
I'm doing great as well, though far busier than I would like. Taking four classes, being a full time mom, and scheduling photography sessions has been crazy. I don't feel like I get to stop and relax very often, but I know that that will get better once Ben has graduated and isn't working and schooling at the same time (those 12 to 15 hour-days are long for him too!). With so many good things in my life right now, I've had a huge struggle trying to find out how to prioritize everything. I just need to remember to start with the family, and work from there...
Anyway, I just thought that would post something a little more updated. I'll go back and fill in the blanks as I have time... (HA. HA.).
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment