Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gone Prospectin'

We went prospecting for gold with Ben's sister, Syd, and her family in American Fork Canyon last Saturday. I had never been before- and it was definitely something Ben has always been curious about- so we were more than excited to spend a day in the beautiful scenery, searchin' for gold. 

Here's Ben wearing Syd's wet-suite-overall-things (what are these called??). They may or may not have been a size or two too small. Hehe. Stud.


 Here's Syd's husband, Jason, working the dredge up river. I don't know how he dug around in the stream for so long- it was FREEZING!


Some of the equipment (for those curious):

 Our niece, Sage, was trying to catch butterflies! She's amazing. You can see this one got away though.. haha.

The kids went with out napping, which proved to be a bit of a challenge. Thank goodness for the ipod in circumstances of over-tired and over-sensitive little boys!

 Handsome little man. I love those blue eyes!

 Aspen, being adorable (as usual), held by Ben's sister Betsy.
 Sage showing us more things... that do stuff... and get sand.... and whatnot.

 Calvin playing in the stream with shovels. This kid was soooo happy!

Good times! So glad we got to go and enjoy some family time!

1 comment:

  1. That's so fun! I've been trying to convince Carl to go pan for gold, but he's not interested--reminds me of pioneer days in elementary school :) Hope you got something!

    ReplyDelete