Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blessing Day

Malcom was blessed last Sunday in church by his dad while his grandpa Lance, the bishop, and his uncle Kevin helped. Thanks to all those who showed their support and attended!

It's funny how baby blessings go- they're sweet when you hear other people's baby's being blessed, but it's so much more special when it's your own husband and baby! It was a wonderful experience to say the least. I love having the priesthood in our home, and I couldn't be more proud of my boys. Ben even wore his Matheson clan tartan tie! That's pride, I tell you what.

Afterward we had a BBQ at our apartment which was very tasty. My brother, Kevin, and Ben decided that they had to cut our watermelon with a machete (it was on sale at Walmart last year on Ben's birthday. I had to get it... I mean, what's more manly than a machete?)... Good times in the Matheson house. Yep yep.

Here are some pictures of Mr. Malcom in his white suit before we headed to church. My mom bought this little romper-suit from the Distribution Center online (thanks mom!). It ended up being waaay to big for my little man so I hemmed up the sleeves and legs, then I couldn't stop myself so I cut off the collar around the vest, then adjusted the collar around the neck to fold down. We finished it up by making a tie- it turned out really cute, if I say so myself! 




The three of us


Grandpa Lance, Daddy & Malcom (for some reason these guys don't like smiling for pictures.. Grr..)


Mr. Malcom


I plan on getting Malcom back in the outfit to take more pics, he just looked so cute! Anyway, here's another cute pic from the weekend:


Check out that drool! He sure does love Grandma!

Well folks that's all for now. Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful boy! And I'm impressed with your sewing skills. Way to go! I'm glad to see you succumbed to the blogging pressure. It's good to see you guys on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the handles on your fridge.

    very stylish.

    ...

    Malcom is pretty dang adorable in his white suit, too!

    And, Vicki, hun, you look like you were never pregnant.

    But I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS.
    What an awesome grandma!
    All that drool and not a flinch out of her!
    That is love. :)

    ReplyDelete