Gosh, it's only a few days away and I'm just SO EXCITED! Ben and I have just two presents for each other, and of course the little man is only getting two from us since I know he has a box coming from Grandma. I have been dying to tell Ben what his present is. I've been stowing away money in the past few months so that he could go snowboarding with his brother Luke. We're planning on hitting Powder Mountain while we're in Utah for Christmas (it's a good thing too, because there is hardly any snow here yet and Kelly Canyon hasn't even opened yet). I planned a little further with Luke this afternoon, then decided to just tell Ben what his big present was. Ever since then we've been watching videos of snowboarding- and he's had a very happy look on his face. We haven't gone since we've been married! We've been poor, and last year I was super preggo so that wasn't going to happen. Anyway, I can't wait to head down to Utah!
Ben also gave me a present today. He got me a $100 gift card to Sage Day Spa, that he earned with points from Melalueca (I don't know how I'd feel if he actually spent that much money on it!) I've always been curious about messages but too cheep and scared to do it. It'll be a wonderful little mini-vacation! We haven't been getting a lot of sleep with the teething Malcom and all, and I always can use a little "me" time. I have the best husband ever! Seriously.
Anyway, let's move on to the real reason for the post: my friend Orchid! She tagged me. I need to list ten things that make me happy- which is probably good for me considering the cynicism of my last post. Here it goes- in no particular order!
1. My family. All of them! The one I grew up in and the one I'm growing, and my in-laws ROCK.
2. Being outside. Maybe this comes to mind because we're at the end of December and having a little one makes it a bit more difficult to enjoy frozen sunshine. I've always felt that being out in nature, whether it's exploring a mountain side or a neighborhood park, offered a sort of personal peace and sanctuary. Plus it's fun and you don't have to worry about trying to keep it tidy. :)
3. The gospel. It's a huge category really, but all in all, it is by living those things that I have been taught that has given me the best things in life: ie. my husband and family, solace, confidence, friends and SO much more I can't begin to list them. I don't believe I would be who I am today with out it.
4. A working car with a heater and defrost. Our last car did not have these luxuries for it's last few years, and that made driving all the way to work in sub-degree weather with the windows rolled down SO NOT FUN! And then it died just before a huge snowstorm last year, and we ended up going with out a car for a month. It felt like a year. Last winter was miserable! I am grateful for our working "man-ex-cop-car", even if it does look like a rust bucket.
5. Nights that I actually get to sleep more than 4 hours. This has not happened in a long while. *sigh* I miss you, sleep. Please come back!
6. Slip-on shoes. Laces are just too much work.
7. Date nights! It must sound like I'm always trying to escape my child. I'm really not! I love him dearly, but I also love mommy-daddy time. Even if it's just a movie, some treats, and a good cuddle on the couch. Date nights rock!
8. In-door plumbing. Best invention ever.
9. Friends. I have been so blessed through out my life. I'm not typically an out-going person, but somehow I end up meeting the coolest people! A person can never have too many good friends.
10. Health. This is one thing that is easy to take for granted until you are sick in bed with the flu, or you're covered in "poison evil". It's wonderful to be able to do whatever you please with out being hindered by some sort of physical affliction!!
Now I shall tag:
Cindy McG
Nicole Meacham
Sara Farnsworth
Jessie Jo
Heather Bowman
Love you all! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas everyone!
Ack, I've been tagged!
ReplyDeleteProfessional massages are SOOO awesome! You will LOVE it. SO nice. When we got married, my work gave me a gift certificate to a spa and we used it for a couple's massage when I was 6 months pregnant with Emma - oh my gosh it felt SOOO good! It's so relaxing and just NICE. Enjoy it!!
Merry Christmas!! Enjoy your trip!