Friday, January 29, 2010

"Dada!", Sledding, and Just Too Cool

Malcom said "dad" and "dada" today! Ben hasn't heard it yet, but hopefully soon. I love that he is finally saying words, it's just too fun!

We went sledding last weekend for the first time this winter. Malcom really enjoyed it until he got cold (dang wind!), but here are some pics from the fun:

Aunt Betsy and Malcom chillin'


Malcom enjoyed rocking in the sled


Just about to go down!


Woosh! (Our camera is dying, and sloooow, hence this shot.. lol)

All three of us!


Also, the little nugget has decided that being fed is no longer cool. I can't get him to eat from a spoon for the life of me, so he usually just ends up snacking on crackers, cheese, and bit of fruit and string beans all day. He has zero interest in the baby food, and I guess most other foods in general. Maybe he's gotten to the point where eating isn't such a new trick anymore, and would rather be on the floor rolling around or cruising the couch. Being a newbie at this mom business, I could use any suggestions on what to feed the kid... I know Malcom is only 10 months, but he seems more and more like a toddler every day. It's just crazy! So any of you experienced out there with little one's who are bored of eating, I'm open for suggestions.:)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Little kiddo's growing up so cute. Kyle's diet sounds a lot like Malcom's, and he'll be 2 next week! One thing that he did like a lot were canned peaches and chunks of dry toast or with a little butter. That's still the standby breakfast at our house. Good luck with the feeding dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! He's gettings so big and adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I just can't get over how adorable that little guy is! It's so exciting when they start learning how to talk...give it a year and you'll be wishing for him to go back to saying only "mama" and "dada"!
    Any ways...I understand your dilemma about food! I think that is one of the hardest and most stressful parts about mommyhood! You want you kiddo to eat healthy and be healthy but of course kiddos have mind of their own!
    I started Madison on solids at around 10 months. It was a slow process and it was a mix of baby food and solids (most of the time she ate only the solids) Here is a website that really helped me out when I started Solids with Madi:
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood8to10montholdbaby.htm
    They give you really good advise, tell you what a 10 month old can and cannot eat, has recipes, and answers to most your nutritional questions!
    Hope it helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like Sam with baby food... Try cut up canned pears and cottage cheese. You would be surprised how much they like it and he would get some protein out of it.
    If he won't eat from a spoon try giving it to him... He will have a lot of fun... It will be messy, but so fun!! Around his birthday he should start to be a little better at eating with it. Sam is a pro and is only 6 months older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- I know Betsy! :) Fun times.

    ReplyDelete