So today is the infamous month-end at Melalueca, where all of the employees work 12 hour shifts. Boo! Ben's been so busy this semester, and especially these last few days that I almost feel like making a paper chain counting down the remaining days of the semester (there are 23, to be exact). As I was organizing a shelf in our bedroom this morning, I came across an old mixed cd I had burned and entitled "Lieben", which is German for "love". I knew it had been one of many from our dating days! I've lost a lot of music since then, and this was a great surprise to find! I popped it in and whoa daddy, talk about a walk down memory lane. *sigh* Unfortunately I think it'll make this month-end go by even slower than usual, but at least I get to keep company with good memories! (And the manchild, of course!)(Pic up and to the right is us after a Caberet Dance we went to together, around Nov '05)

Anyway, this CD reminded me of long ago when

we were just friends. We decided that it would be fun to go on a group date, Ben would go with my roommate and good friend Rachel, I was to with his roommate Dustin, and his roommate Derek was there as well though I can't remember who his date was (Yes Jessie Jo, that's your Derek!). It was like 5 years ago so I honestly don't remember much of this date... I only knew that it felt weird not being with Ben (and yes, I was probably a little jealous), and I remember the guys going up and karaoke-ing the song "To Be With You" by Mr. Big. It was hilarious, and probably a sight I'll never get to see again. I remember sitting on the couches and laughing about how perfectly the song fit the night.
(The pic to the left is Rach, me, and Ben on the night we took Rachel skating for the first time. Ben thought she was ready for her first hill... Summer '06)
I looked up the song on YouTube just now, and holy cow, this is so funny! It's probably funnier if you know the guys that karaoked this... I had no idea the song was from the era of long man hair, puffed-sleeve man-blouses, and spandex. Anyway, I just wanted to share the video and quick jaunt down memory lane. :)

I'm just so glad things worked out the way they did! I'm not a believer in the concept of "soul mates", but I definitely think that if there were such a thing, Ben would be mine. Gosh, I just love love LOVE this man! I know, mushy mushy, but sometimes it just can't be helped.
Six hours left until his shift ends!
Ugh. That seems SO LONG! Guess I'd better get started at keeping myself busy until then.
(This pic is from some random mountain biking trip in the summer of '08)
How fun. Little jaunts like this are always so fun! Fun to see those pictures!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same about Alex, don't feel bad for being gushy... I feel like that everyday!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally remember that! I actually just told Jo about that date not too long ago. Hilarious and somewhat embarrassing. By the way, I was on a date with Karilee Park. I remember we were so excited to get up and do karaoke to Mr. Big, but then the range was a little too high for us to sing and we spent most of the time attempting to sing with nothing being able to escape our mouths until it reached a lower octave. Yikes. That was a fun date and I always wondered why you and Ben never went together. Good times, great oldies.
ReplyDeleteKarilee told me about that date too! Man, I wish I could have seen the karaoke. That sounds like one of life's golden moments. ;)
ReplyDelete