So he was doing better yesterday, less throw up but more going through a bajillion diapers and onsies thanks to the other end. I figured, hey! He's doing better, at least he's not throwing up and cuddling all the time (I like the cuddling, but he's not a cuddler. When Malcom cuddles, we know something's up!).
Last night Ben got it too. Poor guy, he was fine one minute then tossing up all sorts of nasty the next. It's like he gut hit by the giant sick bus of death. He spent all of last night curled up on the floor in front of the bathroom. :( I feel so bad for my boys. And while I hate that our entire apartment smells of puke (I swear there is no amount of disinfectant that is going to take that out right now), and I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry and dishtowels from disinfecting EVERYTHING, I'm not complaining. I just wish there was more I could do.
Poor Ben has finals this week. Today he is scheduled to take his systems security test (it's one of those big certification tests that we had to pay a lot of mulah for). It's 2 hours long! He's there now, so we'll see how it goes. He was so sick this morning it's a miracle he's there at all. Poor guy! :(
What's even worse besides finals week and Ben's crazy busy work schedule, is that we're planning on heading to Nevada for the 24th, to which we're supposed to leave for on Wednesday. It's a huge family gathering down there and lot of fun, complete with rodeos. I hope we can get better before then!
Malcom woke up in a sea of puke and poop this morning, and cried for a long while as I cleaned him and everything else up again. I hate watching my baby be sick! I don't think he slept well last night. I put him back to sleep only about 45 minutes of him waking up initially, so we'll see if hes any better with a little more sleep on his side. Otherwise, I'll have to take him in to the doc.
Now I'm paranoid, because I've shared food with both these boys in the last few days, plus I'm the lucky kid who gets to clean up all the nasty sick around here. Why am I not sick yet? I just pray that I can stay healthy, if nothing else, at least long enough to take care of Malcom and Ben till they're well. I'm doing all I can to not get sick, but I'll admit it feels more like a waiting game than anything. I finished all the housework last night and some projects I wanted to get done this week, so if I get sick, eh, it's okay. At least I won't get too far behind!
So, to conclude, this should be a warning to you all- stay AWAY from the Mathesons! We're walking disease. One look at us and you'll suddenly find yourself reacquainted with last Tuesday's lunch!!
Hah, maybe I should make a "quarantined" sign for our door? Sorry for the long descriptive post about our situation. Hope all of you stay healthy!!! Have a good week (and if you happen to want to send a little prayer our way, that would be appreciated). Love to you all!
Goodness! I hope it passes soon. I know there's not much anyone else can do in this situation but if you needed something Derek and I are here for y'all (prayers included)!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! I hope you all feel better soon! I too hate seeing a child be so sick. It stinks! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete