Its been a busy week!
Sunday evening we took a walk around Eagle Park, ending up at the nature park/duck pond. We made sure to bring some muffins and bread for our fat little feathered friends! (This is a pic of Malcom playing with a wildflower along the way)
Monday we went to the annual International Dance Festival Parade. It was a lot smaller than it has been in past years, but it was fun nonetheless. Afterwards we went to Porter Park and played with Malcom's little buddy Hayley. They really enjoy putting handfuls of bark mulch on the slides... I don't get it either.
Tuesday was the best day of the week (so far)! We went to Egin Lake in the morning- it's a really cool little oasis-type lake that doesn't get more than waist deep. Malcom LOVED playing along the more shallower shoreline and splashing around with his mom and dad. I think he saw it as a giant bath tub outside- what could be better?! After Egin Lake, we came home and made some YUMMY grilled chicken alfredo and salad for a family in our ward who just had a baby. Of course, we saved some for ourselves too... :) We dropped off their dinner, then headed out to Kelly Canyon for some camping!
This picture is for Grandma Doreen: Malcom spotted a few horses while we were there and got really excited! Here he is pointing at them (and grinning, but you can't see that obviously.. haha)
Ben and Malcom had some great "man" time. We didn't get out there till after dark, which made Malcom a little apprehensive at first. It didn't take very to come around though- honestly, think this kid could be a mountain man. He was so happy! It must have been like spending all this time in a park with out having to go home (plus the bonus of trying his first s'more).
Ben said the cutest thing Wednesday morning as he had Malcom were cooking up some bacon for breakfast: "I used to have a baby, then I had a toddler, now I have a son." Gosh, I just love my boys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment