Thursday, August 12, 2010

Words

Busy busy busy buuuuuussssyyy busy. Isn't this summer? Isn't this supposed to be the time when you get to sleep in, stay in your PJs half the day, play outside and eat otter pops, with little to no responsibility?! What happened to that?? I miss that!

But really, beside all the crazy, it's been a great week. I can't seem to recall all that I've been up to, but I'm pretty sure it's been a good kind of crazy. Ben keeps telling me that I need an actual day off, because even when I'm not "doing anything" I'm still busy cleaning, working on another project or taking care of Malcom. I think he's right. Someday soon I'm going to have to take a day off and just, well, I don't know, but it's going to be amazing and full of a whole lot of "nothing". :)

Ben got offered an IT job in IF. He's really excited about it, but to work there he'd be agreeing to a $$ pay cut from what he's currently getting at Melalueca (which, by the way, he's been at their annual convention all day in SLC and won't get home till 2 or 3AM. *shakes fist at Melalueca* I miss my husband!!). Hopefully negotiations will go well and he'll be able to take it! I told him he needs to take it anyway because the experience alone will pay for itself. Graduating with actual working experience in the field is huge! Plus, this little company will work with him on the internship stuff. It's a pretty sweet deal... Ah well, we'll see what happens.

Malcom has been playing with words this week! I swear, it's out of nowhere. Sure the kid will babble and tell amazing stories that are (apparently) really funny (at least he thinks so, can't wait to understand what he's saying!), but he's never really repeated words, trying to imitate us. Just in the last three days he's said kitty, flower, and bath. Ben says we need to start teaching him more manly words like "fire" and "gun". :P I guess Ben and Malcom need to have a good "man" day while I take my personal day. ;) Sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can say that I certainly enjoyed visiting you this summer buy I agree- the summer went by sooo fast. It seems like David kept saying we were going to be so poor and have such a boring summer but somehow I had one of the most exciting, and pleasant summers in recent memory. From Grandma DawnDawn

    ReplyDelete