We went sledding last Saturday, first time this winter. Malcom was fairly expressionless for the most part, except when he saw someone else go down this hill and crash. That was funny... our kid likes to laugh at other's misfortunes. Go figure. He did, however, love playing in a little snow fort that someone else built.
Here he is in all his snow gear. He reminds me of that little kid, Randy, from A Christmas Story. The part when his mom gets him all ready for school and he can hardly walk/put his arms down? haha. Yeah.
Expressionless after going down a little hill. I think he just needs to go sledding again. He'll enjoy it more next time, he just needed to figure out what it was all about.
Snow fort! Love his little face!
It was a really fun afternoon even though Malcom didn't take to sledding as quickly as we thought he would. After we got home and changed into pjs, we made hot chocolate together (Malcom is a pro at opening and closing the microwave/pouring things into cups). He got to even have his first hot chocolate in his own little grown-up cup. I'm not gonna lie, this kid is a chocolate fiend... something I'm proud to say he inherited from me!
About a month or two ago Ben got a fancy knife from this rewards system from his work. He's obsessed with chopping things now... anyway, we had this left-over gala apple in our fridge (we're fugi people, really, not sure how that gala got in there). Malcom got a piece and was trying to cut it with a stick, just like his daddy. Ben was so proud!!! He ran over and got a butter knife from the silverware drawer and his fancy new cutting board, then showed Malcom how to cut the apple slice. How happy does our little boy look in this picture??! I love it! Those two are the very best of friends.
In other news, our poor old '91 chevy caprice is officially on it's last leg. Here's a photo of it from a few years ago when we bought it:
We're pretty sure the transmission is going out. It's okay though, we bought it for $500 and planned from the beginning to run it into the ground. I think Ben is much sadder about it than I am... haha. It's a man-car. Men love this car, I swear. Men and mechanics. I don't know if it's just because it's a bone-fide retired cop car and has the turbo engine package stuff (ha, can you tell I know nothing about cars?!), because it's older and easier to work on mechanically than a lot of newer vehicles, because it's as ugly as sin... I don't know. I'm excited to look for something "new" though, and hopefully NOT rear-wheel drive (for those of you unfamiliar with driving in snow and ice, it's the worst!!). So long "Murdoch", it's been an adventurous ride. Ben will miss you. ;)
We've officially started potty training this week. To be honest, I'm not sure how it's going. We started it a few months ago, but then we had a lot of other things come up/random visits from family and friends, and decided to hold off. It went really well before. I wish we had stuck with it, because I think he was WAY more interested back then then he is now. He's a smart kid, I know he's perfectly capable and ready, we just need to get some incentive. We'll see how this week goes I guess! At least he enjoys running around naked. Haha! But seriously, any tips from those who have been through it with little boys who have never minded being dirty are welcome!!! Seriously. I have a plan, but I have no idea what I'm doing. This poor kid may end up running naked the rest of his life. ;)
Wish us luck!!
Lol...i know what you mean about "men" having a hard time giving up cars! I don't know if you remember shawn's old 1989 toyota truck...man did i have a hard time convincing him it had to go! (it just didn't run very well) welll that was a year or so ago buy i know what you mean ;) anyways YAY for getting a new car!!! Sledding and hot chocolate....mmmmmm that sure sounds fun! we only did that once while we lived in rexburg...haha.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with potty training! I'm actually kinda dreading it with hailey...but i guess it's still awhile away :)