So it turns out that it's hard to find time to sit down and blog these days. I could blame it on the wee ones, but really it all comes down to prioritizing my time, and I guess blogging just hasn't been very high on the list lately.
In brief, here are some of things that have been going on around here lately:
1. Calvin is SMILING! I love, love, love it! I'v noticed that you can get him to smile by petting his head. Haha, funny I know!
2. I learned to look before I kiss... er, let me explain! I got up with Malcom the other morning, eyes super dry and not even half open. I stumbled into the kitchen with him to get him a cup of milk, and he held up his hand like he does when he hurts it and wants it kissed better. So I did... and then quickly realized that he didn't have an "owie", but that he had stuck his hand down his diaper and gotten poo on it and wanted me to help him wash it off. Yeah. That was about as horrifying as it gets. Not going to make that mistake again!!
3. Started running again! Huzzah!! I'm back to only 2 1/2 miles, which is kinda sad but not as bad as I was expecting (I haven't run since October and I popped out a baby in the mean time, so, yeah... ). As much as I love it, I am finding it difficult to get back in the habit, especially with the unpredictable weather and lack of sleep/energy/ambition. Wish me luck! ...I'll need it...
4. Taught Malcom how to say "Love you" at bedtime today. I honestly can't express how sweet the moment was for me to hear those words from him. I think I melted through the floor... It's humbling and just wonderful to be a mother to these two little boys! Challenging sometimes, but the difficult times are microscopic in comparison to the blessings and the precious moments. I hope I never forget today, and what it felt like, what it sounded like... Gosh, I just love that little man child. I can't help but be proud mama!
5. Calvin is 6 weeks old this Thursday! Has it really been a month and a half already? Has it only been a month and a half? It almost feels like he's been in our family forever, but I know cognitively it's only been a short time. He's growing like a porky little weed! We have our 6 week check up Thursday, so we'll have actual measurements then.
6. Next week we're going with Ben on a field trip to a ghost town in MT for one of his classes... I'm beyond excited and fighting the urge to dress the boys up in sheriff/deputy attire. Does that make me a nerd?
7. Splash park (and supposedly the new aquatic park... though I have doubts since it looks like it still has a long way to go) are opening back up Memorial Day weekend!! Hopefully that will make for some more fun blog posts.
8. 9.5 weeks left of the spring semester! Then just one more semester to go!! The light at the end of the tunnel is looking pretty nice about now. We can't stop dreaming of what life will be like with Ben home in the evenings and weekends, instead of always plugging away at school. It's a beautiful thing being so close, finally. I think we've been here so long that if we stayed another year they'd have to name a building after us!
9. Malcom broke the nose piece on my glasses yesterday. They're only 2 months old! I know I like to wear contacts a lot of the time, but I do enjoy having a nice pair of glasses. My last pair had the ear piece snapped off (also courtesy of Malcom), so I had to scotch tape it back together for a good 6 months before I got my new ones. Ben just laughs and says that moms aren't allowed to have nice glasses. Must be true. *sigh*
10. Hmmmm... the baby is fussing and now I can't think anymore. Shoot. Well that's enough for now. Love to all!!
Love the updates! And "look before I kiss" ba ha ha ha ha- now THAT's one for the books. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're all happy. I'm excited for Ben to be done with school soon. So soon, then you'll have a husband that doesn't work months ends yeah!
ReplyDelete