I noticed I put a lot of pictures but no real updates on the last post. If you're here for pictures, skip to the next post! ;) (don't worry, I won't be offended, I do it too)
* I registered for my first 5k last week! I know, right? I'm sure the distance won't be a problem since it's all pretty level, but I fully expect myself to be sloth-speed. Haha, Calvin's just 2.5 months old, so I'll give myself a break here. Really I'm just doing it so I have incentive to get back to running again... I loved it so much last summer because it was the only time I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself. Ahhhh, pure silence! It's been a big challenge getting back into the habit- Calvin's pretty needy at this age still, but Ben's been a wonderful support and pushes me when I get discouraged. Anyway, Liberty 5k, July 2nd, 8:00am, nature park. If anyone feels compelled to create big signs about my awesomeness, and make fun cheers about me and wait at the finish line, go riiiiight ahead. ;) (totally just kidding, btw!)
*I'm a hop, skip and a jump away from finishing my NYIP photography correspondence courses. It's been challenging and fun, I've learned a lot, but it adds up to more of a certificate than a degree... I'll have that finished with in the next month, which brings me to...
*I'm going back to school! It's official. BYU-I has an online program designed for former students to finish their degrees. How awesome is that? And guess what? I'm about 15 credits away. 15. No joke. Why has it taken me this long to go back? I have no idea. But I'm excited!! I'm all registered and everything. And do you know who else is registered for school...?
* Ben is going "hot shot" at Melalueca. That means he only has to work the last three dys of the month, 6 to close. He can also pick up whatever shifts he wants and will only get paid $1.50 less than he does now. It's a perfect schedule for him, right now. He's also looking into a possible internship with the city during this last semester. Hopefully it works out, we'll see. :)
*We're going to VEGAS the first week of September for the PSW conference!!!!!! The school is paying for Ben, and because I'm a student it only costs $150 instead of $600. How awesome is that?? We're both completely stoked. We're bringing along a babysitter too, since the classes and workshops go all day, every day, all week. It'll be hard for me to be away from my babies all day, but I know it will be worth it!
* We got new lenses for the "third child" (the camera). Haha. We bought a 50mm f/1.8 and a 55 - 300 f/3.8 (? I think, can't remember off the top of my head right now) Nikkor lenses. Holy cow, I LOVE my 50mm! The 55-300 is tons of fun, though I think Ben will get more use out of it than I will. I love how a new lens can make such a difference. Examples of the 55-300mm from the trip we took to the zoo last Saturday:
Was this a Macaw? I have no idea. I just think these birds are so pretty! I've always loved blue and green together. Pretty, pretty bird.
Silly baby zebra with his mama.
This bird was in the back corner of his pen, his back to the front part where people walk by. I love how the overhang gave him that soft shadow. Aren't these birds gorgeous!?
Random bird feeder. It's shiny. I like shiny things.
I'm not going to post any from the 50mm since there's already a bunch of those from the last post, and it's the new main lens. How fun is that 300 mm zoom, though? Sorry, I promise we're not bragging, we just have to share our excitement. :)
*K, we've covered the 5k, school, work, PSW, lenses... is that it? I'll have to do another update to cover the munchkins. They're just too cute to bury at the end of a post like this! That's all for today folks! Maybe at some point we'll get our lives all updated. :) Loves!

COngrats on everything!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your updates! I like shiny things- ha ha!
ReplyDelete