Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chalk, Skateboards, & Brother Hugs

This afternoon, as I relaxed with the kids on the front lawn, I looked over and saw this: Calvin drawing! This is the first time I have seen him draw and it makes me proud! He picked this up much earlier than Malcom did, but on the other hand, he has his big brother to watch and learn from (and Malcom does a lot of drawing and coloring). After squealing in excitement for a moment, I ran upstairs and grabbed the camera. Calvin's first drawing is in chalk, so I figured I had better take pictures of it before it gets washed away by the weather! 



 He also learned that chalk is as much fun to gnaw on as it is to draw with. It's good to experiment with a new medium. :)


While Calvin was busy with the chalk, Malcom was busy pointing out birds and airplanes,


skateboarding,



and drawing chalk outlines of his silly-faced dad.



In short, it was a great afternoon at the Matheson house.

No comments:

Post a Comment