Some of you may know that Saint Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays in the year. It has nothing to do with Saint Patrick, I just really enjoy the color green, beef, and making leprechaun traps. My sister-in-law, Syd, and her family came over and celebrated with us! It was great fun! (I wish I had actually taken more photos, darn it!)
I decorated the house with clovers and rainbows, cooked corned beef, traditional Irish soda bread (the bread didn't bake all the way through unfortunately), rainbow-colored fruit platter, and put together mint-oreo truffles. Dinner turned out pretty well considering that had never cooked corned beef before!
After dinner we all got to work on leprechaun traps. Mine was pretty pathetic.. I'm not gonna lie.. but there were some very impressive ones- like Syd's:
We also played around with fake mustaches. Mustaches make everyone more manly, like Malcom, who, upon dawning the mustache, promptly learned how to stroke it thoughtfully, and pick his nose. Manly. :)
Little cousin Aspen was adorable wearing it- look at that FACE!! haha
We didn't catch any leprechaun's this year, but Mr. Leprechaun did leave behind a few chocolate-gold coins. Maybe next year we'll get him!



No comments:
Post a Comment