Monday, January 4, 2010

Malcom's 9 Month Update


He was actually about 6 months old here, but I like it so I'm posting it.


The manchild had his 9 month well baby check-up this morning:

Height: 30 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 24.8 pounds (95th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 inches (90th percentile)

It's crazy to see how big he is, especially when he started out so small, percentile-wise too. He's quadrupled his weight, grown 11 inches taller, and I think his head was 7 inches shorter in circumference too. Babies grow SO FAST!

He's been walking (with help) a lot lately, he even will let go of you so he can stand on his own. He'll cruise along the couches and table for short distances, but he's getting braver every day. Ben really wants to get him to walk by his 1st birthday- I guess we'll see! :)

Malcom also has two bottom teeth that have popped up above the gums. I LOVE them. Just when you think the kid couldn't get any cuter he does!

He's also FINALLY sleeping through the night, 8pm to 8am, with out a peep. It's been a long journey for us to get him here, and I think there were a lot of factors that made this journey longer (the fact that we shared a bedroom for 8 months of his life being a definite one). I think this is my favorite age so far.


Learning to crawl is hard work!

He claps, waves, and high fives but only when he feels like it. He doesn't crawl... but he's pretty good and scooching backward and in any direction other than forward, and rolls like no one's business. Basically, he gets around enough to start getting into things he shouldn't. :)

So that's it for Malcom's update! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know... He weighs more than Sam.... LOL The only time you could accuse Sam of being big is was when he was born... Love the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe how fast they grow up???? Crazy isn't it! He is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete