Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Sunny!

Ahhhhhhh, summer, how I miss you! I feel like I didn't have a summer last year, what with a new baby and all (which, I might add, is probably the best reason for having to miss out on all the mountain biking, hiking, camping... just all the good things that the warmer months bring). This summer I am bound and determined to get back out there as much as possible. Now that the manchild is walking and old enough to be curious about his surroundings (and weaned! YAY!), going outside is a lot more fun for all of us. He get's so excited when we break out his shoes or jacket! I love that he enjoys the outdoors. I don't know what I would do with a kid that didn't!

The last few months I've been trying to get out running again, like I did in the old "skinny" days before I was married and working a ton. I was doing great too, until my knees started getting in the way. I tried to push through it and got a knee brace to help, which did but only temporarily. Boo! It's awful when the rest of you really wants to go out biking and running, but your knees don't let you. Little smug jerks. Ben asked his aunt (who is a nurse) about it, and she said to stop what I was doing, keep my legs straight for a few days to a week, and just let 'em heal. What can I say? The woman is amazing, and she definitely knew what she was talking about. I whined about it for a day or so to Ben, then I moved on and whined about it while I complied to her advice (I can't describe how much I hate being told to not do anything... just like in the days of bed rest when I was preggo with Malcom. UGH!!). It's been torture the last few days, as the snow has gone and we've had perfect 60 degree weather.... It's all good though, today we went for a walk and I'm hardly even feeling it. I think I'm just going to have to get back into the old high-impact stuff slower rather than what I was doing before. It's hard because I really like to push myself, but I'm sure I'll get there. I hope I never have any life-long troubles with knees or joints that would permanently keep me caged in my house or stuck on my couch. I would go insane!!! A few of my old friends are planning a hike up Darby Canyon in a few weeks, so hopefully I'll be ready! We'll see.

And what has the adorable little manchild been up to these past few weeks? It's been a while since I've posted pictures, but that doesn't mean we haven't been taking them! It's okay, I know you've all missed seeing his super cute and manly face. I can't blame you! I sure like this little guy. I love watching his personality emerge more and more as his gets older, and seeing his curiosity at everything. His latest trick? High fives and turning off lights (when we lift him up for it). He likes to talk himself to sleep, eat bubbles (thanks Andrea for the bubbles! He loves them!), and get into everything. Now for the pictures!


Skating with dad
Sliding


Practicing walking (don't need any help now)

Ben putting Malcom to bed (yay! for being weaned!)

Bike riding!

Trying to drink mom's lemonaide at the same time (might have to click on the pic and make it bigger to see it better)

Swinging

Walking around at the park, watching the big kids.


That's all folks! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting! And I am beyond excited for the warm weather! It's about time!

    ReplyDelete