July 16th was the Hurdle for Hope Extreme Race at the nature park here in town. All of the proceeds of the race went to helping orphans in Ecuador. I'm not going to lie, the race was BRUTAL, especially since I'm so out of shape. There were hurdles everywhere, mud puddles, creeks to wade through, tires to run through (I can't even describe how much I LOATH the tire run!!). It was basically like an obstacle course of death. Miserable. But I had my family at the finish and I was proud that I lasted through the race. I can't remember my time (trust me, it was nothing spectacular), but I finished 45th out 120ish. Not bad for having my trash kicked so badly. ;)
(Me, Kaitlyn (holding Calvin), Sarah, Brett, Val, and Benjy before the race)
Ben was kind enough to take pictures at the start/finish. Don't be fooled, there was much more to the race!!
This is after playing in the mud. Not too bad, eh? Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment